Startups & Early Stage Companies
We provide a first-class team with a long history of successful business representation.
Experienced small business and early stage representation means professional, responsive, and uncomplicated services to protect owner assets and accelerate growth.
Gravis Law has extensive experience representing small and early-stage businesses. We work with businesses and entrepreneurs at every stage of a business lifecycle. We can help you determine the best entity structure from a tax and planning perspective, document the relationships among company founders, navigate the legal aspects of raising private capital or obtaining other kinds of financing, draft and negotiate various operational agreements, review your facility lease, adopt an employee handbook, operate within complex regulatory schemes, and ultimately sell your business. Our team generally advises clients as outside general counsel on LLC operating agreements, licensing, trademarks and branding, consulting and contractor agreements, and initial financing options.
Who We Have Worked With:
- Successful small businesses
- Startups in high technology
- Video games
- Emerging industries such as hemp or cryptocurrency
Our small and early-stage business practice supports clients in the following areas:
- Tax Elections and Entity Selection
- LLC Operating Agreements
- Partnership Agreements
- Employment Agreements
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- IP Licensing
- Debt and Equity Offerings
- Buy-Sell Agreements
- Joint Venture Agreements
- Liquidations and Dissolutions
- Exit and Succession Planning
- Worked with founders to open brewery, including liquor and health licensing and state compliance.
- Worked with tech company to raise funds and take product through international manufacturing to market.
- Guided small business through freeze-out to remove adverse owner.
- Set-up international structure for socially responsible fishing business with unique proprietary rights and state actors.
- Facilitated organizing documents for local high-performance gym in Seattle where some Seahawk players trained.
- Helped founders build and maintain a construction company in Seattle including contracting.
- Worked with artist LLC to split profits and protect IP for individual creators and performers.
- Built structure around international real estate investment company using international private equity to facilitate key acquisitions.
- Worked with coding developers to mitigate open-source software matters and protect unique code in software applications and programs.
- Advised stable coin company from initial conception through two stages of financing, and ongoing representation.