We recognize that strong working relationships between owners and builders results in long term success for all parties.
We deliver practical, tactical, strategic guidance aimed at making work and payment in the construction industry uncomplicated.
We deliver practical, tactical, strategic guidance aimed at making work and payment in the construction industry uncomplicated. We recognize that strong working relationships between owners and builders results in long term success for all parties. Our agreements come from an effort to facilitate relationships between contract parties while protecting interests under well-defined and easy to manage relationships. We’ve helped clients with projects from initial development to Design-Build to Integrated Project Delivery. We’ve worked to craft provisions around differing site conditions, design details, project completion deadlines, and helped clients manage construction operations to keep accurate records and logs. A main concern also involves the level of specificity detailed in bids or statements of work, which, if left uncheck, may obligate a party to certain actions or inactions it did not fully intend. Experienced construction counsel review all aspects of a contract to ensure it is thorough and appropriately detailed. We help clients manage their liens, mitigate risk in high value projects with multiple subcontractors, position projects for debt financing, and litigation, if necessary.
Our commercial construction team has worked with clients in the following areas:
- Entity Creation
- Insurance and Bonds
- Commercial Construction
- Residential Construction
- Design Build
- Integrated Project Delivery
- Engineer Procure Construct
- Lien Notice Crafting, Filing, and Release
- Subcontractor Relationships
- Homeowner Association Matters
- Condominium Association Matters
- Common Interest Communities
- Closed design build contract for $13MM residential development project.
- Support clients in general and special construction licensing applications in Washington and Oregon.
- Crafted subcontractor agreements for general and special construction under prime.
- Helped client obtain bond, and preparing for mechanics and materialman’s liens.
- Worked with client to update LNI compliance regarding high-risk job activities.
- Created lien notice, filing, and release program for renovation company to process liens on multiple projects.
- Created Declaration and other governing documents for ‘Condominium’ under Common Interest Community Act.
- Created Declaration and other governing documents for ‘Homeowners Association’ under Common Interest Community Act.
- Worked with old act documents to plan strategic application of new act for limited purposes in line with community them to resolve disputes between multiple generations of owners.