Gravis Law takes a collaborative approach to provide healthcare providers with a wide variety of business savvy legal services including regulatory, transactional, compliance, employment, contracting, and litigation counsel.
We have the experience and resources necessary to help protect, optimize, and strengthen your practice to flourish.
We have extensive experience defending providers facing disciplinary actions from facilities, third-party payers, and licensing boards. We work closely with healthcare providers to create and implement compliance programs to minimize risk and negotiate agreements with healthcare providers, ancillary service providers, and custom configure patient agreements for innovative practices such as concierge or Direct Primary Care. Our goal is to uncomplicate the law so our healthcare clients can focus on their patients and grow their practice. Our healthcare attorneys regularly provide guidance on state and federal laws and regulations. We continue to stay up to date within the ever-evolving healthcare industry to counsel clients on opportunities to simplify their practice, such as Direct Primary Care structures that provide patients with a specific set of services for a monthly subscription fee without involving insurance companies. We have the experience and resources necessary to help protect, optimize, and strengthen your practice to flourish.
Transactional services we assist our Healthcare clients with:
- Risk management
- Facilities reporting and self-disclosure options
- Private equity transactions, public and private transactions, and investments
- Purchase or sale of practices including joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, as well as the acquisition and sale of stocks and asset
- Reorganizations, membership interests, or partnerships
- Counsel surrounding HIPPA, tax exemptions, Stark Law, charitable trusts, and anti-kickbacks
- Labor & Employment matters including employment agreements/restrictive covenants and staffing concerns
- Internal or external conflict resolution- pre-litigation or litigated/li>
- Practice management, including governance, tax, marketing practices, affiliations, reimbursement, and other operational concerns
Compliance and regulatory services we assist our Healthcare clients with:
- Contract review and structuring to address regulatory compliance
- Counsel on federal and state privacy with the HITECH Act and HIPPA and medical record concerns with ADA and OSHA laws
- Medicaid and Medicare, including licensure, tax exemptions, staff bylaws, and accreditation
- Minimizing abuse and fraud risk by offering guidance on antitrust, confidentiality, self-referral, state and federal anti-kickback, and licensure